If you make the sacrifice to serve in our nation’s armed forces, you deserve our gratitude but also the ability to live a healthy and prosperous life after you return. Sadly, our country does not do enough to help our veterans—and that’s why Elizabeth will prioritize helping folks who have given so much to our country in a tremendous act of sacrifice.
As borough president, Elizabeth pledges to:
- Re-appoint a veteran’s affairs liaison in Queens Borough Hall;
- Bring services TO our veterans if they cannot visit us in Borough Hall;
- Ensure there is more set-aside affordable housing available to veterans;
- Advocate for an increase in the discounts that veterans receive from the MTA;
- And favorably weigh veteran status for appointment to our neighborhood community boards
Under a Crowley borough presidency, the voices of veterans will be heard.